Details of Samsung’s upcoming flagship smartphone just found their way online. In a tweet by Evan Blass or popularly known as @evleaks, one of the most reliable leakers online.
In an article on Venture Beat, Evan provided more details about the Galaxy S8 including the specs and launch details.
Here are some of the notable specs and features of the Galaxy S8;
- Two variants; 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch model
- Display: QHD Super AMOLED screens sporting an edge design and an aspect ratio of 18.5:9
- OS: Android Nougat
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or Samsung Exynos (depending on the market)
- 11% faster, 23% faster graphics but 20% more energy efficient
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB baseline internal storage expandable up to 256GB via microSD slot)
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 12-megapixel rear camera with f1.7 focal ratios
- 8-megapixel selfie camera with f1.7 focal ratios
- No Home button and the fingerprint sensor was moved to the back
- Battery: 3000mAh (5.8-inch) and 3500mAh (6.2-inch)
The Galaxy S8 will hit retailers on April 21 with a tag price of €799 and €899, for both the 5.8-inch model and 6.2-inch model respectively.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) January 26, 2017
Since Samsung is skipping the 2017 Mobile World Congress this year to launch the Galaxy S8, Samsung will hold its own event in March 29 and may announce other things than a new smartphone, like an AI for its own smartphone and additional effort to salvage the the ill-fated Note brand.